ZONING AND LAND DEVELOPMENT
Zoning is authorized by law and upheld by state and federal court decisions over the last 100 years as a process for local control of land use necessary to protect the public health, safety and welfare. The planning principles upon which zoning is based include the need to:
Balance competing interests of all landowners and residents with the rights of individual landowners;
- Help provide a long term community vision;
- Environmental enhancement and protection;
- Provision of public services throughout the community;
- Assure good quality of life desired by residents;
- Provision of fairness and consistency with reviews;
- Minimize land use conflicts; and
- Promote public health, safety and general welfare.
Please review our plans and ordinances to familiarize yourself with land use regulations and their planning basis. If you have any questions regarding anything in this section, please email Community Development Director Sanya Vitale, or Diane Powers, Building Safety Division's Executive Assistant
Riverfront Property Available : Contact Us
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category